What is a Network Security Assessment?
A Network Security Assessment is a review of your technical (IT) security controls. There are multiple components that make up a network security assessment:
- IT security policy review
- IT security management practices
- IT secure architecture review
- Internal IT vulnerability scanning
- External IT vulnerability assessment (penetration testing)
Why would I want one?
Network Security Assessments give you an indication of how securely your IT team has setup and configured your network. There are multiple reasons to perform this type of assessment:
- You’re not in an industry that is required by regulation to perform a full security assessment
- Regulatory compliance requires a technical security assessment (i.e. HIPAA, GLBA, etc.)
- A valued customer is requiring one
- You’ve seen high profile breaches on the news and wonder how secure you really are